Search News Archives
Conferences | Events
Lonza Establishes Custom Cell Biology Services to Offer Unique Manufacturing and Testing Capabilities
Lonza has introduced CellBio Services, a comprehensive portfolio of unique, custom solutions designed to meet specific, individual research application needs.
Researchers across pharmaceutical and contract manufacturing organizations can now choose from an extensive range of services, including cell-line expansion and banking, media production, cell isolation, cell characterization, transfection services, and 3-dimensional (3D) cell-culture services.
"For many years we’ve been leading the cell research market, with a broad offering of high-quality primary cells, media, reagents and devices," said Andrew Winner, Product Manager for CellBio Services at Lonza Pharma Biotech & Nutrition. "CellBio Services has been established to expand this offering beyond the standard catalog products and beyond what’s currently available on the market. Our customers can now benefit from unique manufacturing and testing capabilities, as well as Lonza’s access to the broadest tissue inventories, to unlock the next level of their research options."
Lonza’s all-inclusive CellBio Services offering comprises:
- Cell-line expansion and banking– cell lines can be expanded up to 10e10 and the cells can be cryopreserved in the preferred format
- Media production– manipulation of Lonza’s catalog media products or production of new media, either in liquid or powder format
- Cell isolation– from a variety of tissues, including human, primate, porcine, canine, feline and murine
- Cell characterization– development of cell-based assays for functional testing of recombinant proteins and small molecules
- Generation of recombinant cell lines– fast and convenient creation of recombinant cell lines overexpressing the gene of interest
- 3D cell-culture services– The patentedRAFT™System is used to generate custom 3D cell culture systems, such as co-cultures and barrier models
Lonza is an integrated solutions provider that creates value along the Healthcare Continuum®. Through our Pharma Biotech & Nutrition segment and our Specialty Ingredients segment businesses, we harness science and technology to serve markets along this continuum. We focus on creating a healthy environment, promoting a healthier lifestyle and preventing illness through consumers' preventive healthcare, as well as improving patient healthcare by supporting our customers to deliver innovative medicines that help treat or even cure severe diseases.
Patients and consumers benefit from our ability to transfer our pharma know-how to the healthcare, hygiene and fast-moving consumer goods environment and to the preservation and protection of the world where we live.
Founded in 1897 in the Swiss Alps, Lonza today is a well-respected global company with more than 100 sites and offices and approximately 15,500 full-time employees worldwide at the end of 2018. The company generated sales of CHF 5.5 billion in 2018 with a CORE EBITDA of CHF 1.5 billion.