Search News Archives
Special Offers and Promotions
Conferences | Events
ISO 8 Cleanroom Certification for Biohit Tip Production!
Biohit's tip production received ISO 14644 class 8 cleanroom certification during 2010 as one of few tip manufacturers.
Tip purity and safety in your laboratory work have always had a top priority in Biohit's tip production. We have followed strict purity procedures in the tip production for years and have now received an official recognition for our work: the ISO 8 cleanroom classification.
The purity and high automation in the production facility are especially essential to avoid DNase, RNase or endotoxin contaminations. These substances are usually of human or bacterial origin and most of them cannot be removed using common sterilization methods like autoclaving or irradiation, which is a rarely known fact - thus it is essential to avoid the contamination in the first place.
Biohit has taken the following measures to ensure the purity of the tip production for years and will continue to do so:
- Using pure virgin polypropylene as raw material for tips (not recycled plastics)
- Tip production process is highly automated, human contact is minimized
- Personnel are wearing special clothing, e.g. gloves, masks and hair nets
- Tip trays and Refill Packs are wrapped in air-tight plastic
- An independent laboratory tests each certified tip lot for DNase, RNase and endotoxins
- In addition a selection of tip products are e-beam pre-sterilized
We also perform regular purity checks required by ISO 14644 to conform to the ISO 8 classification. The ISO 14644 Cleanroom Certificate can be found on www.biohit.com.
Safety Space Filter Tips
Biohit recently launched the complete line of SafetySpace Filter Tips, which allow more space between the sample and the filter than conventional filter tips in order to prevent liquid from contacting the filter - which guarantees better accuracy for pipetting! They are particularly useful in:
- pipetting foaming liquids like buffers and proteins
- pipetting solvents
- reverse pipetting
- multiple dispensing functions of electronic pipettes
The tips are packed in color-coded single tray racks. They are certified DNase, RNase and endotoxin free and are e-beam pre-sterilized. These tips have been designed to meet high quality and purity demands. They are an ideal tool for any scientist and particularly in molecular biology, microbiology and cell culture applications, as well as radioactive work. The redesigned tips offer the best possible fit with Biohit pipettes, but they are also compatible with most other pipette brands.
For further information please visit www.biohit.com