Search News Archives
Conferences | Events
Early Bird Registration is now open for UKSPA's 2019 National Conference
UKSPA will, once more, be partnering with S-Lab to deliver a national two day conference. This year's conference, awards, dinner and exhibition will be held at the University of Birmingham on 2 and 3 April 2019.
There will also be a huge range of sessions on offer and the conference streams will look at some of the key challenges and opportunities for UKSPA members and other stakeholders:
• City led Innovation: delivering new research on the growth of Innovation districts and partnerships with towns and rural areas
• Clusters - rural and urban - and their developing partnerships with other Innovation providers
• Delivering company growth from start-up to scale-up
• International experience - a new era for UK innovation locations and collaborative relationships with Europe and beyond
• What can we learn? Sharing fresh thinking on successful projects and locations showcased by those shortlisted in the 2019 UKSPA Awards
• Innovation Places and Shared Spaces - current trends, policies and impact
• Panel sessions to look at issues ranging from "The Science Park Brand" through to future opportunities for the innovation sector
Other sessions will look at
• Life Science and labs facilities that foster cross-disciplinary and academia/industry communication, collaboration and innovation in university, science park and commercial/public sector research environments
• Efficient and effective operation of laboratories and related innovation/research spaces to support creativity, productivity, resource efficiency, skills and workflows.
Three Steps to Take
Monday 1 April will see a pre-conference event at MIRA Technology Park allowing delegates to experience cutting edge motor engineering and find out more about the MIRA Technology Institute (MTI) - the new training facility at the Park. UKSPA Members can attend free of charge (non member day tickets are available). Tickets will be allocated on a first come first served basis and numbers are strictly limited.
Two Day Conference
The early bird UKSPA member delegate rate for the entire two days is just £90.00 plus VAT.
We are grateful to the support from our sponsors, exhibitors and supporters who have made this possible.
Non-Members also have a range of options to buy tickets at the early bird rates.
Location - University of Birmingham
All sessions take place in the Bramall Music and Aston Webb Buildings at the University.
The Campus has its own Railway Station - University - and frequent services take just a few minutes to and from New Street.
Birmingham New Street Station has connections to all parts of the Country.
Hotels - On Campus and in City Centre
The newly opened Campus Hotel is within easy walking of the conference sessions. Only a relatively small number of rooms are reserved for the Monday and Tuesday evenings and these are available on a first come - first served basis.
Other City Centre hotels have agreed special rates for delegates.