Search News Archives
Conferences | Events
JEOL Highlights NMR Expertise at ENC 2018
JEOL, a leading developer and manufacturer of NMR technology, unveiled new NMR probes and NMR software technologies at the 59th Experimental Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Conference (ENC) in Orlando, Florida.
As a major sponsor of this year’s conference, JEOL also hosted a technical seminar that included talks by leading researchers from the Osaka University Institute for Protein Research, the Tokyo Institute of Technology School of Life Science & Technology, ABQMR Inc., an NMR R&D Company, and the Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute Marine Biomedical & Biotechnology Research Center. Included in this year’s seminar was a presentation by Dr. Jaap Brink, TEM Product Manager Bio Sciences at JEOL USA, Inc., on the potential benefits of combining NMR and cryo-EM. JEOL is the only manufacturer providing both NMR and cryo-EM systems.
Products and technology introduced this year consisted of...
- The new JEOL AUTOMAS Solids NMR Probe affords JEOL Nuclear Magnetic Resonance users the superior ease of use and high throughput capability for which routine liquid-state NMR probes are known.
- The new JEOL ROTORCARRIER™ for the AUTOMAS NMR Probe holds the solids NMR sample tube as it is transported from the auto-sample changer to the top of the magnet, in a similar fashion to liquid NMR sample tubes. The AUTOMAS NMR Probe receives the sample from the ROTORCARRIER, and automatically sets it to the magic angle. The user can queue multiple unattended solids NMR data acquisitions including: auto-tuning the AUTOMAS NMR Probe, setting the MAS spinning speed, the temperature for data collection, and other experimental details including processing and analyzing the resulting solids NMR data.
- The AUTOMAS Solids NMR Probe is compatible with all JEOL sample changers from 24 to 100 samples, the JEOL Auto-Tune controller, and is available for JEOL NMR systems from 400 to 600 MHz. The combination of AUTOMAS NMR Probe and ROTORCARRIER truly delivers the ease of operation for liquid-state NMR measurements to the world of solid-state NMR.
- The new JEOL HXY NMR Probe is ideally suited for materials science work on a wide variety of samples including: catalysts, MOFs, polymers and pharmaceuticals. The JEOL HXY NMR Probe is available for JEOL NMR systems from 400 to 800 MHz with rotor diameters including: 0.75 mm, 1 mm, 2 mm, 3.2 mm, and 4 mm. Probes with sample tubes up to 4 mm in diameter balance optimal data collection, spinning speed, and RF performance for high-resolution CPMAS, MQMAS and 1H NMR experiments.
- The new JEOL HCN MAS NMR Probe is a new triple-resonance solids NMR probe available for JEOL NMR systems from 400 to 800 MHz designed for biological samples. A wide range of sample rotors (0.75mm, 1mm, 2mm, 3.2mm and 4mm) are available for advanced 1H, 13C, 15N BioSolids NMR experiments. The HCN NMR Probe with a long-term VT system easily maintains the desired sample temperature at high MAS speeds.
- JEOL’s Walkup NMR is a new user interface mode that greatly simplifies NMR operation for students or lab personnel that need to quickly and easily obtain state-of-the-art NMR data. Walkup NMR has been well received by experts supporting multi-user facilities or by non-experts that simply need fast NMR answers. JEOL NMR systems are designed for ease of use and feature the popular DELTA NMR software package making JEOL ECZ NMR Spectrometers with Walkup NMR mode the ideal open access tool for student environments as well as busy labs with multiple users.
Dr. Michael Frey, Analytical Instruments Product Manager, JEOL USA, Inc. commented: “JEOL has presented leading NMR technologies at ENC for many years and we are pleased to have supported the conference again this year. The usefulness of NMR across multiple areas of research and industries is becoming more widely understood and it was great to hear about some of the latest research exploring its uses, from Quantitative MRI Biomarker Validation to exotic NMR of novel materials. JEOL is proud to develop high quality NMR solutions based on leading edge engineering to support the world’s leading scientists at all research stages.”