Search News Archives
Conferences | Events
Liquid aspiration in biosafety cabinets
Safe and contamination-free: The fluid aspiration systems BVC are the perfect solution for safe, sensitive, and efficient aspiration of cell culture supernatants.
Biosafety cabinets (BSC) class I or II are indispensable for cell culture work and R&D in life science. They offer high protection level inside and outside, but also require a high investment. This investment for safety without compromise is questioned when the most common added accessory called aspiration pump is inadequate and questions the whole safety concept:
Aspiration pumps with 2-4 l waste collection bottles are too big to be placed inside the BSC.
Being placed outside, potentially bioactive liquids are pumped out of the safe containment of the BSC.
Therefore the liquid aspiration systems BioChem-VacuuCenter BVC from VACUUBRAND offer uncompromised comfort and safety:
- sensitive suction selection from gentle to fast for sample protection
- whisper quiet vacuum pump working on demand automatically
- safety aspects as 0.2µm filter, leak proof patented hand controller as well as autoclavable and shatter proof PP waste bottle or powerful bleach proof (aggressive disinfectants) glass waste bottle
- ready to accept a second hand controller for second user, sharing one pump
- BVC professional with self closing quick couplings and non-contaminated liquid level sensor
To maximize safety furthermore and to cover even unlikely events of failing 0.2 micron filters, it may also be advisable to feed the exhaust of the aspiration pump back into the BSC – preferably direct prior to the internal HEPA filter. This exhaust air handling port should be offered by manufactures of biosafety cabinets and is supported by VACUUBRAND BioChem-VacuuCenter types BVC control and BVC professional.